I recently shared a one pot dish with a friend only to realize I have never blogged about it. It’s one our family favorites! It’s easy, has a protein, veggie and a carb all in one pot. Totally my kind of meal. Hope you enjoy it!Ingredients
1 lb chicken breast
4 carrots, thinly sliced
2 tbs honey
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs soy sauce
1.5 cup uncooked rice
2 cups water
2 cups broth
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in pan and sauté onion for 1 minute. Set aside.
2. Brown chicken on both sides. Set aside.
3. Add rice, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, water and broth. Bring to boil.
4. Dice carrots. Add to pot.
5. Put chicken back in pot. Reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes (or until liquid is absorbed).Enjoy!
- Onion, chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1.5 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Heat oil in pan and sauté onion for 1 minute. Set aside.
- 2. Brown chicken on both sides.
- 3. Add rice, carrots, honey, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- 4. Add water and broth. Bring to boil.
- 5. Reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.