I love soup weather and I love chicken noodle soup, but with my busy schedule and not a lot of times to sit over a pot of soup I’ve been looking for a yummy and easy chicken noodle soup.
After some trial and error I have found one that not only taste amazing it’s also easy to make.
Introducing…Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Throw in your veggies, liquid, frozen chicken and BAM you’ve got yourself a delicious, hearty and easy dinner.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups/45oz chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Add chicken, carrots, onion, celery, and garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil over top then add in chicken broth, water, thyme, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 - 7 hours or on high heat 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and pull apart of dice into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add egg noodles and parsley to slow cooker. Cook for 10 minutes (or until noodles are tender).
- Stir in lemon juice and toss in chicken.
- I buy prediced carrots, celery and onion mix from Trader Joe's. It saves me time and doesn't waste leftover food.