Both Sarah and I love to bake. So before a play date the other day we made a batch of Applesauce Muffins. I tweaked it a bit and found a recipe we both love.
The ingredients: Here is my sous chef mixing away.Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix in beaten eggs, applesauce and melted butter.
- Evenly scoop mixture into muffin pans.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Test to see if toothpick comes out clean.