It’s soup season! Check out a family favorite soup, Butternut Squash Soup.
(or you can cheat and buy already chopped veggies from Trader Joe’s)
2 tbsp oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 butternut squash, seeded, peeled and chopped
1 green apple, peeled, cored and chopped
3 cups of stock
1 cup water
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large stock pot to medium heat. Add oil.
- Add onion, celery, and carrot until veggies begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add squash, apple, broth and water to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover for 30 minutes.
- Add nutmeg , cinnamon and mix.
- Remove cover and wait 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender (or a stand blender) until everything is combined.
This gadget is my amazing! Buy it here.
We like to dip grilled cheese or other type of breads into our soup. This time we made Focaccia Pizza to dip into our soup. So good!
My little sous chefs helped me make 3 different ones. Traditional pizza, cacio de pepe sauce and shredded cheese, artichoke spread and kalamata olives.
Ta da! Enjoy!