Did you know that you can tell a lot about your gut health by eating blue muffins? Check out the blue muffin recipe below (or buy the kit online here) and then see how long it takes for you to poop blue. Then hop online to take the Zoe quiz to learn more about your gut health and way to improve it. Join us in the #bluepoopchallenge.
Blue food dye
1.5 cup all purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 and insert liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, beat eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture a few spoonfuls at a time while beating the egg mixture on medium speed.
- Add food coloring and mix until incorporated.
- Drop a few spoonfuls of batter into each cup.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.