Please welcome my mommy friend, Krista as she shares one of our favorite potluck recipes.
– – –
Chinese Chicken Salad
With hot weather come potluck invitations. What to bring…what to bring? Standard pasta salad? Meatballs in a crock-pot? What about a delicious Chinese chicken salad you can whip up in about 20 minutes? Now we’re talking! This salad always gets gobbled up at potlucks and every birthday party I’ve thrown so far so-hope you like it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
2-3 cups cooked chicken breast (Tip: use leftovers or a cooked rotisserie chicken from the deli to make it easier)
1 head cabbage, shredded
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
2 (2 1/2 oz) packages sliced almonds
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds (Tip: found them near the peanuts in a canister by Planters for under $2)
2 packages Top Ramen noodles (you won’t be using the seasoning packets)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
4 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Prepare dressing and set aside (I generally prepare the dressing right before serving because if it sits in the refrigerator too long, it gets very thick and won’t remix well). 2. Smash noodles of Top Ramen (discard seasoning packets) and brown over medium heat in 3 tbsp oil.
3. Once noodles have begun to brown slightly, add silvered almonds.If you start to brown the noodles and almonds at the same time, the almonds will burn before the noodle browns.
5. Once the mixture is browned, remove from heat and set aside.
6. Combine cabbage, green onions, chicken and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.7. Add the noodle/almond mixture and stir well
8. Add dressing and stir to coat
Tip: If you plan on eating leftovers, keep in mind that the noodles will not stay crunchy
A little about Krista…
Hello, there, my name is Krista! I’m a stay-at-home mom and live in Newbury Park with my husband and two toddlers. I enjoy reading and working out in my spare time. I like trying out new recipes, and making my kids homemade cakes for their birthday parties. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share this yummy recipe with your followers!
– – –
Thank you Krista for sharing your recipe! We absolutely love it!