Happy Memorial Day to all those who served and serve our amazing country!
Before the weekend even started we woke up Friday morning to a bubble of water on our kitchen ceiling. After a quick call to maintenance they came over to assess the damage. They closed off part of our kitchen, hooked up a fan and told us they couldn’t come back until after the holiday weekend (Tuesday).
We woke up on Saturday morning to the horrible smell of mold! Between Sarah’s asthma and my lingering cough there was no way we could spend another day in our home. After being outdoors most of the day, we packed up our things and headed to a local hotel. Between the unbearable smell, knowing our kitchen was off limits and that our whole kitchen needs to be removed due to all the water damage, there was no reason for us to sit at home.
Trying to make lemonade out of lemons, we spent most of our Sunday in the hotel pool with friends, Torrie, Dan, Bradley, Stacee and Brayden.
On Monday we were invited to our friends home for a family BBQ.
The kids had so much fun in the water! I loved watching the kids play, it was pure joy!
We had a lot of fun! Everyone’s food was yummy, the company was great and most of all it was easy going.
The evening ended with a victory by home team, the Miami Heat! #3peat #whitehot