One of our favorite family meals is Pasta and Meatballs. Ever since Sarah was little she would ask for a (and finish her plate) pasta and meatballs. The “secret” to this recipe is… oatmeal!
Step 1: Make sauce or place a jar of sauce in a saucepan.
Step 2: Combine ground beef, oats and egg.
Step 3: Roll meat into small balls (they cook quicker). Place in sauce pan.Step 4: Bring to a boil.Step 5: Mix gently (to avoid breaking the meatballs), cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 6: Cook noodles according to package.Step 7: Plate and enjoy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30 oz can crushed tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Make sauce.
- Combine ground beef, oats and egg.
- Roll meat into small balls (they cook quicker). Place in sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix gently (to avoid breaking the meatballs), cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Plate and enjoy.
- Tip: I like to use gloves when working with raw meat.